Basic Policy Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Chino Tourism Organization (hereinafter referred to as “the organization”) hereby declare that it will strive for the protection of personal information by properly handling such information, in compliance with the Law concerning Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and ordinances, and by having all employees comply with this basic policy and related laws and ordinances.
(Terms and conditions)
Acquisition of Personal Information
In principle, the organization will acquire personal information only when these are willingly provided by the customer. The purposes of use of the personal information will be stated clearly and the organization will use personal information only for the implementation of such purposes. The personal information that the organization will receive from participants is listed below.
（1）Information acquired during the application, reservation and planning process.
- Contact details such as name, address, telephone number, fax, e-mail, occupation, passport details, date of birth, sex, emergency contact etc.; credit card information and others.
- Information on the group or organization the applicant is in charge of and/or represents; contact information on the other members of the party on behalf of whom the applicant is making a reservation (hereinafter referred as “companions”) such as name, address, telephone number, fax, e-mail, occupation, passport details, date of birth, sex, emergency contact etc.; credit card information and others.
（2）Information acquired in relation with the use of the services provided by the organization
- Information provided by the customer in relation to services other than travel provided by the organization.
- Information related to the transaction history between the organization and the customer.
- Information acquired when mailing brochures and other information material following a request to do so.
（3）IP address automatically detected when accessing this organization website
Information on the mobile terminal equipment, browser type and version, the browsed pages and the day and time of browsing.
Purpose of use
The purposes of use of personal information that the organization acquires shall be as listed below. The organization will use personal information only for the implementation of such purposes and will not acquire information or use it for any other purposes without the customer’s consent.
- When arranging, offering or accepting payment for travel products and/or other services provided by the organization and/or companies and individuals affiliated with the organization.
- When engaging in marketing activity, promoting, informing on campaigns, services and/or products related to the organization or the companies affiliated with the organization.
- When providing information through mail magazine, direct mail etc.
- When handling a customer’s inquiry.
- Questionnaires after the use of a service, the cancellation of an agreement or the follow-up service after the completion of a service, inquiries of various sort, management of the usage history of the organization services.
- Production of statistical material, market researches and other activities related with the marketing and development of products and services.
- To improve the quality of transactions between the organization and the customers.
Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
- The organization may provide the customer’s personal information to partner companies only in those circumstances where it is judged necessary in order to carry out travel arrangements and provide other services of the organization, such as during the procedures for travel insurance, the procedures for the payment of travel products etc.
- The organization will provide personal information in case the disclosure request comes from a body that has a legitimate authority under applicable laws or ordinances, such as a tax office, a court, Police Department and other organizations.
- The organization may provide the customer’s personal information to third parties if the prior consent of the customer is obtained.
Queries concerning Personal Information
When the customer requests disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of his/her personal information, the organization will promptly respond to such request after verification of the identity of the applicant. For such request, please contact the following:
Chino Tourism Organization Privacy management responsible
2-6-1 Tsukahara, Chino, Nagano 391-8501